NEET (UG) 2013 FOR ADMISSION TO MBBS/BDS COURSES IN THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2013-2014
According to CBSE ,Online applications are invited for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG), 2013 to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi as per the following schedule for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in All Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Government of India.
Date of Examination- 5th May, 2013 (Sunday)
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION
1. The NEET (UG) Entrance Examination shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology).
2. The duration of paper would be 3 hours.
1. Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are Eligible for appearing in the NEET-UG.
2.He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. course.
3.The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats in Medical/Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the State of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
4. The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing Class XII examination in 2013 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
HOW TO APPLY
1.Candidates can apply ONLY ONLINE.
2.Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board’s website www.cbseneet.nic.in. The duration of submission of application form, without late fee and with late fees is given in FEE DETAILS/LAST DATE. Instructions for submitting online application, payment of fee and computer generated printout to be sent to CBSE are available on website.
3. Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
-Through Debit/Credit Card/Internet Banking using on-line gateway payment facility, or
-Depositing in CBSE Bank Account with Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank directly or depositing in CBSE Account with e-Post Office by downloading the Challan Form from the website of www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Date of Examination, NEET (UG) : 05.5.2013 (Sunday)
Schedule for submission of application forms without late fee: 01.12.2012 to 31.12.2012
Date of receipt of confirmation page in CBSE : 10.01.2013
Schedule for submission of online application forms with late fee Rs.1000/- : 01.01.2013 to 31.01.2013
Date of receipt of confirmation page in CBSE for the applications submitted late with fee of Rs.1000/- : 05.02.2013
RESERVATION OF SEATS & ADMISSION IN MEDICAL/DENTAL COLLEGES
1. An All India merit list and State wise merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies.
2. All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
3. All other existing eligibility criteria for admission to Medical/Dental Colleges Shall be applicable as per Rules and Policies of the State/UT/Institutions/University Concerned.
FEE DETAILS/LAST DATE FEE (WITHOUT LATE FEE) FEE (WITH LATE FEE)
DURATION 01.12.2012 to 31.12.2012 01.01.2013 to 31.01.2013
FOR GENERAL/OBC Rs.1000/- Rs.2000/- (Rs.1000+Rs.1000)
FOR SC/ST/PH Rs.550/- Rs.1550/- (Rs.550+Rs.1000)